Friday, April 10, 2015

Progress

This week, I finished remaking the model of the existing building in much detail. It was a lot of work, but I think it will be helpful in the long run having something detailed and accurate to build off of, especially since we are trying to preserve as much of it as we can.
Now, I am working on incorporating the ideas from the plans for all the different functions, services, connections, and such. We are including lofted apartments, conference halls, a spa, a hotel, a movie theater, and a gallery for a museum to display historical artifacts relevant to the history of the site.
Maria Rita has joined the team! She is helping to draw all of the exterior functions on the plan. These include a golf course, a tennis court, a soccer field, a green hill, botanical gardens, a playground, a sailing school for kids, and extra pools and wetlands for filtering water. I think the programs themselves are solid. However, arranging them in an organized way that doesn't seem too cluttered is my only concern. We'll see once it all comes together.
Federica is so responsive to my feedback and ideas. She really makes me feel like a valued part of the team, and I really appreciate it. I was told that winning an Italian competition is close to impossible if you aren't friends with any of the judges, which makes our situation seem slightly more difficult. However, I'm hoping that if we truly do a good enough job, they won't be able to reject our proposal!

No comments:

Post a Comment