Monday, February 23, 2015

Internship week 2

I got a lot of work done on Friday at my Internship. I finished modeling the Flaminio neighborhood in Rhino. Next week, we get to start re-designing it! They've already had a lot of meetings addressing the design, but I think they do want my input as well. I visited the site on Saturday and took some pictures. It's an interesting area, very housing-dense, but then it also has the Maxxi Museum, a church, and the old Olympic stadium buildings. As always, there are too many cars. I'm really excited for this project because it will open up the space for pedestrians, push parking underground, add green space, and reconnect the two sides of the street. The idea for the new Museum of Science Complex, which is going in across from the Maxxi Museum, is to make it a green hill made up of multiple layers supported by trees and other foliage. It would be a completely natural building structure and help transition from public green space to the semi-private green space of new inner courtyards.

The people at work are so friendly! They are being so welcoming, even though my Italian is very bad. They have been taking me out to lunch with them whenever I am around. I help them with their English, and they help me with my Italian. It's great, although a bit imbalanced, since their English is clearly much better than my Italian. Oh well. I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment